Sunday, July 16, 2006

Going back to Gmail

About a year back I started using Gmail, Google's e-mail service. Half a year later, I decided to switch to a business e-mail when I started working for HollyGood. Now, aggravated with the business e-mail I'm going back to Gmail. What was so aggravating. Well, you can blame most of it on me, I guess. I'm never working on one single computer, so an internet e-mail system was a must for me. Though both are, the HollyGood interface was horrible. The type was all in that scratchy writing. Below are the pictures of the Gmail interface and the interface from Sevenpoint, the company that hosts our site and e-mail. Both pictures show the same e-mail. As you can see, there's a big difference in... well, everything. The sevenpoint e-mail was just an "imbroglio" (the dictionary.com word of the day). It's just so great to be back to a simple, clean interace and e-mail in general.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just recently went back with my Gmail account too. I was using Hotmail for years until their recent "Live platform" rolled out. After struggling to view my inbox properly through a web browser several times (in hotmail beta and classic) throughout the weeks, I went back to Google.
Even though Outlook still worked properly on my local computer, I couldn't reliably check my email anywhere else. And with Google offering over 2 GB of storage, it was an easy choice.

5:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home